Enter your "Desire" below

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Schumi Speaks up - AGAIN !!


Michael Schumacher has issued a ringing endorsement of Jean Todt's credentials for the FIA presidential election.

The seven-time Formula One World Champion has taken the unusual step of writing an open letter to the presidents of all the FIA member clubs, extolling the virtues of the former Ferrari team boss.

With the election just nine days away and Todt firm favourite to succeed Max Mosley ahead of Ari Vatanen, Schumacher is hoping his words will sway any uncertain voters.

"I am deeply convinced Jean Todt is the right person to be the next president of the FIA," said Schumacher.

"Having worked with him for 15 years, I believe I am entitled to say this with such strong certainty.

"His characteristics - such as leadership, loyalty, commitment and knowledge - are beyond question, but in my view his outstanding skill is the encouragement of teamwork.

"In my active racing days, I have experienced his willingness to share and delegate to a great and successful extent."

Schumacher feels Todt will encourage change within the FIA, despite many believing the Frenchman's potential regime will be an extension of Mosley's time in office.

"I can only tell these people that they do not know Jean," added Schumacher.

"He has his own expert knowledge, agenda and leadership style. From my experience, he will implement his plans for the FIA in his own way - as a team player.

"Since I stopped driving in Formula One, I have followed the sport very closely and have read a lot of stories which have done our sport much harm.

"Having worked for the FIA and FIA Foundation on many projects for more than a decade, I may also claim that I am very familiar with the FIA.

"This is why I feel it is time for some changes, but these changes must be managed carefully by someone as skilful as Jean who has formed the right team of people to, on the one hand, appreciate the great achievements of the FIA, and on the other hand, really make change happen."

No comments:

Post a Comment