Enter your "Desire" below

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Massa is back !

After a two-month absence, Felipe Massa returned "home" to Maranello on Monday as the Brazilian took yet another step towards his Formula One comeback.

Massa has been out of action since suffering head injuries in qualifying for July's Hungarian Grand Prix, which resulted in the Ferrari driver being placed in a medically induced coma.

The Brazilian underwent surgery on the injured the area around his left eye and later had a metal plate inserted in his head. But despite the career-threatening injury, Massa is already working hard to ensure he will make a successful return to F1 racing.

The 28-year-old, who recently took part in a brief karting run, arrived at Ferrari's HQ in Maranello on Monday to meet with team boss Stefano Domenicali.

"I'm finally back home," he told Ferrari's official website. "This is my second family and I couldn't wait to see them again, all the people I've been working with for many years and who have been close to me these days.

"Now I can really say that I start working again. There's lots to do, but I'm happy. I like the way in Maranello."

Over the next few days, Massa will work with the simulator, have technical meetings with the engineers and concentrate on his general fitness.

"It's good to have Felipe back with us, and I'm happy that I can embrace him again. We called Chairman Luca di Montezemolo together and he was happy to say hello to Felipe, wishing him well for his work, while they took an appointment for the next days," said Domenicali.

"We'll have some technical meetings and mainly physical exercise. Felipe has to get back on top: he has a demanding period ahead of him with constant activities, but he knows that we're not in a hurry."

On Sunday, Ferrari announced that the FIA had granted permission for Massa to take the F2007, although the date for the Brazilian's run has yet to be set.

Ferrari, though, have confirmed that "it will anyway not be this week."


No comments:

Post a Comment