Enter your "Desire" below

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Briatore and Symonds leave Renault




The Times has published extracts of the radio communication and at one point Briatore is heard saying, "f****** hell ... my every f****** disgrace, f******, he's not a driver".

What are your views !!!

The transcript starts off with Symonds, Piquet and an engineer discussing the team's strategy.

Symonds: "I can tell you now we are not three-stopping.

Symonds: "Don't worry about fuel because I'm going to get him [Alonso] out of this traffic earlier than that."

Piquet: "What lap are we in, what lap are we in?"

Renault engineer: "He just asked: 'What lap are we in?'"

Symonds replies: "Yeah, tell him that he's about to complete lap eight."

Symonds adds. "No, just tell him, he is about, he's just completing, he's about to complete lap eight."

Later Symonds says: "Right, I'm going to... I think we're going to stop him just before we catch him [Williams driver Kazuki Nakajima, who was ahead of Alonso] and get him out of it, the reason being we've still got this worry on the fuel pump. It's only a couple of laps short. We're going to be stopping him early and we're going to go to lap 40."

Following Alonso's pit stop, Symonds tells to the engineer: "OK right, you've got to push him really bloody hard now. If he [Piquet] doesn't get past Barrichello, he's going nowhere, he's got to get past Barrichello this lap."

Briatore adds: "Tell him, push."

Piquet's race engineer: "Nelson, no excuses now, you've got to get past Barrichello. You've got four clicks straight-line advantage. Come on, you've got to push now, you must get past him."

The Brazilian puts his car in the wall a few minutes later at Turn 17.

Multiple voices: "Nelson's off. F****** hell. Nelson's had a crash. I would say that would be a red flag. It's huge [all speaking at the same time] .

Piquet: "Sorry guys. I had a little outing."

Engineer: "Is he all right, Is he all right?"

Symonds: "Ask him if he's all right."

Engineer: "Are you OK? Are you OK?"

Engineer: "Fernando's just gone past it."

Engineer: "OK, yellow flag."

Piquet: "Yeah, I hit my head in the back. I think I'm OK."

Engineer: "OK, understood."

Symonds: "Right [inaudible], stop him."

Engineer: "Safety car, safety car, safety car, safety car. Fernando, safety car, mixture three."

Symonds: "Tell him to be careful, turn 17 I think it is."

Engineer: "F****** hell that was a big shunt."

Briatore: "F****** hell ... my every f****** disgrace, f******, he's not a driver."

Symonds: "What position is Fernando in?"

Engineer: "Well, we were 20, and we're first guy to pick the safety car up."

Symonds: "Yeah, we're not ..."

Engineer: "He will get away past it but he's got to wait."

Briatore: "What position we are now in all this?"

Symonds replies: "To be honest, I don't know Flavio. It's got to have been good for Fernando. But I honestly don't know where he is.

No comments:

Post a Comment